Tuesday 21 April 2020

Today's Walk.

 Today's walk was a real mixture of cultivation and bushland, with a bit of suburbia thrown in.
Above are one of the types of native bluebells, Wahlenbergia which were growing in a small patch of native plants above our Yarra River.
 The Yarra river with the Swan Street bridge crossing over it. I love all the geometric shapes of the supports.
                      Unlike in my last post, I don't think that I'd be safe eating these fungi!
 The mighty Yarra River! It's amazing to think that this river and the bushland setting are almost in the heart of the city of Melbourne.
These wonderful flowers were on a very big tree which I later identified as a Cape Chestnut. While all the illustrations that I could find were of pink flowers, this one was definitely white, with deep pink in the centre of the flowers and random spots on the petals.

No comments: