Friday 10 April 2020

A Little Bit of Art.

To add to one of the prints that I did recently, I wanted some carved Brolga stamps. I had already carved a standing Brolga in display mode for my Aussie 12 days of Christmas, but I wanted a flying Brolga for the piece of art that I had in mind. The Brolga, a type of crane is sometimes called the Native Companion. As part of the mating display, the Brolga dances for his mate, and the dance is truly wonderful. In the picture above I am well on my way to carving a flying Brolga.
 Almost there, but the legs are so thin that I can't really carve the feet that are tucked up against the legs while the bird is in flight.
Those legs without feet are awful. Perhaps I can make a few changes to denote feet, but the legs are very thin. This is just a test print to show me where to go next, in this case, to try and fix the feet!

No comments: