Sunday 12 April 2020

Gellatine Plate Prints and Stamps.

 I ended up carving 3 different Brolga stamps, the first one being too big for these projects, or that's what I originally thought. However I ended up using all 3 of the new stamps plus the original one that I carved some months ago. Here I'm testing them and soon realizing that some of the lines aren't necessary in a silhouetted bird. Easily remedied with a permanent marker.
 This was a reject print because of the misaligned margins, but once I cut the margins off, it worked very well as a 'bleed' print without margins.
This too was a reject print because the red 'moon' was out of place, but with the addition of the birds it actually works I think.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I especially like the final one, the colours are great and the overlapped circles (shadowed rather than overlapped?) work really well for me.
I am enrolled in an online course that involves printing - haven't got to it yet but I am being inspired by your works.