Wednesday 1 January 2020

First for the New Year.

If you're anything like me you have all sorts of bits and pieces left over from art work, or things that didn't work out well enough to use. I have a pile of collagraph prints that didn't make the grade, but that I couldn't bring myself to throw away either. I bought a cheap spiral back book of brown paper and decided to have fun over the holiday season by trying to use up as many of the left over prints and ones that didn't make the grade as possible. The pages in the book are about 30 cm square and quite thin, so the first thing that I did was to glue two of the pages together. I then grabbed 2 failed collagraphs and stuck them in, the circular web type one nicely echoed the curve in the tree trunk when glued over it. I had the foliage, beetle, butterfly and dragonfly stamps already carved from some time ago, but I carved  3 tiny word stamps this afternoon, blue, beetle and butterfly. I feel that the leafy part of the tree is a bit boring, and needs some attention, which I'll think about, but that's two prints used.................many more to go!

No comments: