Wednesday 26 June 2019

Rush of Blood!

I had a rush of blood to the head yesterday and finished my Beetle for July! Once again I have used my hand dyed cotton as the background and a hand carved stamp for the beetle. I used some leftover leaves from the previous fabric piece and touched up parts of the beetle with some metallic turquoise paint.This piece is a little different to all the other beetles that I've done this year, as it's applique because the background colour is so dark that I couldn't make a stamped image show up enough on it. In the picture above, the colour appears a lot lighter than it really is.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Love the beetle. Are you doing some for the guild? They have asked for some for the exhibition next year. You do such lovely ones you really should participate.

mycamerandme365 said...

I don't think I was aware of any beetles required for the Guild next year. What is that all about?
I'm glad that you like the one that I posted this month!
This one, and the ones that I posted previously, are for the monthly challenge of the Friday Creative Group.