Monday 3 June 2019

Gel Plate Leaf Prints.

 For another project that I have just started, I needed some leaf prints on fabric, so I pulled out the trusty old Gel Plate and got to work with acrylic paints mixed with fabric medium to keep the fabric still reasonably soft for subsequent stitching. I had a collection of pressed and very worn eucalyptus leaves which I used many times over on each plate.
 This is actually a digital copy of one piece of fabric that I reversed in Photoshop. I'm not sure about the colour though as it's not the right green.

            This one is a better more subdued green, and is again an inversion of another print.

               I really like this one and will almost certainly use all or some of it in the final piece.
  I might cut out some of the leaves from this piece of fabric, but the background colour isn't right.

No comments: