Saturday 8 June 2019

Collagraph...Again.

I really don't like to have too many projects on the go at once, but as I can only use the big printing press at the studio rather infrequently, I have the current collagraph plate on the way as well as the stitching project. This photo shows the newest plate after a couple of coats of shellac. This is for an exhibition later in the year for prints reflecting the work of a print artist that we admire or has influenced one's current practice.  I really admire the work of Angie Lewin, her lino cuts and screen prints are really beautiful, and this plate above, goes a very small way to referencing her work. Angie uses feathers, utensils and vegetation in a lot of her prints, so I've included emu feathers, my carved pot and flower stamps with various bits of pressed leaves and flowers. I've booked the big press for Wednesday morning, when I'll be interested to see how this plate prints. I think that I'll spend most of my 4 hour booked time time inking up and wiping off, paying particular attention to the edges of the cut out flower stamps.

No comments: