Saturday 11 May 2019

Ready to Go.

 Here is the collagraph plate all painted with shellac and ready for printing. As it's quite a big plate, I can't print it at home as I don't have a press that is able to handle plates this size, so I will have to go over to the printing studio next week.
 I'm a little concerned that some of the components of the plate are too bulky and will be difficult to ink up, but I'm keen to give it a try.
I carved several different variety of eucalyptus tree seed pods last year and used them in a little book that I made. Here I've used a couple of them over the eco printed papers that I made last week. I also added a few areas of water colour wash to add a little more interest. I might make another book with these and some more over stamped eco papers when I have time.

No comments: