Thursday 9 May 2019

Fun with Collagraphs.

 I thought that it was about time that I constructed a new collagraph plate, something quite different to those that I had made in the past. I started out by pasting a sheet of textured paper that I had made a few years ago onto a sheet of cardboard. It throws the composition out a bit by being already coloured.  I added vegetation, cicada wings, pressed grasses, motifs cut from lace, pressed bougainvillea 'petals',   feathers and a some open weave fabric. I hope that the background paper has enough texture to show up in the final print.
          Just for fun I inverted the colours of the photo of the plate in Photoshop. Isn't it pretty?
I also made an image in black and white, just to see how it looked, as the coloured background paper  is somewhat of a distraction from the composition.

No comments: