Sunday 26 June 2022

From Vine to Stencil.


 Above is a photo that I took recently of a vine 'coil', where the vine had wound itself around into an overlapping circle. It was quite an effort to take the picture against the sky to have a plain background, but I just managed it.
From that photo I made the coiled vine into a kaleidoscope diagram, thinking that it would make an interesting stencil. I would probably fill in the blank centre and some of the lines might be too fine to cut. I would also change the size to fit on a standard sheet of A4 paper. Of course I could use it in the square format too.

Here is the rectangular format made into a stencil. I wonder how that will work out in a gelatine plate print? Maybe if I had the patience I could have cut out the solid lines as a reverse design!

2 comments:

Digitalgran said...


your stencils are good. how did you make them Sue? I woud fund making these very difficult.
I'm not using the html tags. I'll have to look into that.:)

mycamerandme365 said...

Thank you Mags!
I printed them onto half of an old manila folder and cut them out with a craft knife, with a new sharp blade!