Thursday 16 June 2022

Stencil No 2.

After what I termed a success with my first full page stencil, I played around in Photoshop and came up with another idea for a stencil, again a manipulation of an earlier artwork of mine. This above is what I decided to work with for stencil No.2
Here is the finished cut stencil, a lot less fiddly than the first one, but I'm hopeful that it will still be a useful one.
Hmm, OK, but too much solid area I think. This one above was printed over an existing gelatine print, which shows the spirals seen in the orange areas.
This one is printed on a new white sheet of paper, but again the solid areas on the right need some work to open them up further.
Another version on a plate with 2 colours rolled out. Back to the cutting table I think to work some more interest into the areas on the right.
 

No comments: