Tuesday 4 May 2021

Stump Jump Plough.

Having visited the same area of rural Victoria for more than 20 years, I have come to know it all very well. Hidden in the bush on a small island in the swamp are some old pieces of farm equipment including a Stump Jump Plough, which I find fascinating with all its levers, springs and assorted workings. The first photo that I took was in 2005 and clearly shows rubber tyres on the rear wheels of the plough.

       

       In 2008 the tyres are still there and there isn't a great deal of difference in the vegetation.

                In 2009 however the rubber tyres have disappeared! Why and how I wonder. 

             After 2009 I didn't visit the machinery again until this weekend, 12 years later.

One can just see a bit of growth in the size of the trunk of the tree to the right and the sapling growing between the 'front' wheels is quite a lot bigger. It's a pity that I didn't take the photos from exactly the same angle each year, but it's still interesting to see what has been going on over the past 16 years.



No comments: