Sunday 30 May 2021

Lovely Stencil.

For a new project I needed a solitary tree, a slightly stylized tree, but very stark and leafless.                       I haven't cut many stencils before so this was going to be a challenge, and as I wanted to print at least 3 images I decided to cut the stencil from synthetic Yupo 'paper', thinking that it would be tough and wouldn't tear.


So far so good..................but when I tried to use the tree mask it stuck to the newly made gelatine plate and after one less than satisfactory print it tore when I tried to move it for the next try. Back to the drawing board, or at least to the screen, as my next try with the image will be to make a screen to print the tree from. I might try and buy some thicker Yupo paper too, as the weight I have to hand is only 100gsm.

No comments: