Tuesday 27 April 2021

Spirals and Gold.

 While looking for something quite different I came across a bottle of gold acrylic paint in my cupboard. I hadn't used any of it judging by the amount in the bottle and then I remembered that it was a very cheap brand of paint that I was sure wouldn't stay 'open' on the gelatine plate. It did however, and being a cheap bottle of paint I could afford to really use generous quantities of it to test it out.

Unfortunately the sheen of gold reflects strongly in a photo, but these prints are only test pieces anyway. I also used black paper for the first time on a gelatine plate and can definitely see possibilities for it's use in the future. I cut the spirals from heavy duty plastic and the figure masks from shapes in a book.
No more gold in the print below, but more of the spiral masks, used over the top of an old texture print in dark grey.

                                                     More spirals and figure masks below.

No comments: