Monday 19 April 2021

The Next Step.

 Having completed the printed background, I went on to pick some small Eucalyptus leaves still on their twigs, and make prints from them on chiffon using the trusty homemade gelatine plate. The chiffon I bought as pieces at a jumble sale about 40 years ago as I knew that it would come in handy one day!

I really like the leaves that have uneven edges where the insects have nibbled them, so I used as many of these as possible. However when I came to cut them out, they were much more difficult to cut. I tried various colours of chiffon, but settled for the off white one, although I did use a few of the leaves that I had

printed on the green fabric. I tried to keep the leaves in small bunches attached to their twigs, but it proved easy to add the leaves to the bunch even when I had cut them off by mistake! These have all been ironed onto 'Misty Fuse' sheer fusible sheets ready to adhere to the background.



 

No comments: