Wednesday 5 August 2020

Experimentation.


Today was bitterly cold outside with intermittent squalls of rain, so it was an ideal day to spend experimenting with various texture plates that I had recently made. Once again I wanted to use some of my old prints rather than using new paper, layering the texture over the existing prints. This one above was originally in a horizontal format with a sort of ground layer below 2 spheres. I added the gears and an overall texture plate, but the result is less than appealing!
This one above was one of  couple that I started out with a fresh sheet of paper. I used one of the new texture plates with the addition of a 'humanoid' stamp that I carved a year or so ago and a recently made sphere. I made this by spreading moulding paste through a commercial stencil. This needs some more elements obviously.
The one above is probably the most interesting of the day's prints. It features  a background texture plate, stencils and pressed fern leaves.
                                                     Above is the same texture plate and ferns.
Below is a very pale print from my last session over printed with some of the feathers in my collection. I don't think that the gears go with the feathers as such, but it's worth trying to add some more elements to the print to try to tie it all together I think.

No comments: