Saturday 7 March 2020

Playtime!

 I spent a happy couple of hours playing around with some old collagraph prints, some Thermofax screens and a stamp, just trying to see what might work  and what needs to be abandoned. I used the smaller of the 2 screens that I posted about a couple of days ago in the print above and it actually works quite well.
 I wasn't at all happy with the original collagraph print with it's pink centre, but with the addition of the figures it looks a lot more interesting.
 The print above is an inversion of the one below, the original being a collagraph plate made with modelling medium scraped through a stencil. This version with the white figures works better I think.
 The collagraph plate turned out to be very heavily embossed, so that the stamp didn't print very well.
 Another bit of play with the screen featuring the larger figures, printed over a collagraph plate that turned out too pale. It looks possible with the figures on top however.
                                                 Another plate with the smaller figures.
And the inversion of the one above, which I really like. Perhaps I should try printing on black paper to replicate the way this looks.

No comments: