Wednesday 11 March 2020

Disappointing.

 I was looking forward to printing from these new collagraph plates, but the results are very underwhelming! The one above has some nice areas, but over all it's just too busy.
 This one might be better with some over printing, but at the moment it's not up to much. I used some gritty texture paste over an old plate thinking that the older shapes would show through, but they didn't and I just have a mostly over all grainy texture. I do like the bits of white showing through.
            Again, this one is too busy, although it might also benefit from some overprinting.
This plate was one from a series that I started last year and never printed. It's turned out very pale due to the smooth texture of most of the plate, but the pattern is a bit too contrived as well. Oh well, I'll try the idea of over printing next time to see if any of these can be salvaged.

No comments: