Tuesday 2 April 2019

The Next Stage.

I'm still not at all sure that this will print up well, but I've moved on to the next stage anyway. The black areas have been textured, not with carborundum as is usually used, but ground cinnamon, as I didn't have any carborundum. I couldn't think of anything else that was fine enough to use! The mid tones have been painted with a medium containing fibres and I painted the lightest areas with gloss medium. The butterfly has also got gloss medium on all the white markings and the darker areas have been glued and had talc applied. This may not give the very dark that the butterfly stamp shows, but should give a medium tone. If not, I'll have to re-treat it later. Unfortunately my knife slipped while delineating one side of the nose, so she may end up with a 'messy' nose!

No comments: