Monday 22 June 2020

Playing with Shapes and Stamps.

 Above is my trusty home made gelatine plate with a selection of circles and rings as masks that I want to use for a new print. I'm using acrylic paint in an ultramarine blue for the base colour with Paynes Grey highlights, or low lights really, as the colour is not bright!
This is the first trial of the various components of masks and some hand carved rubber stamps. It might all come together eventually, but I can already see how I could improve the over all composition and look of the print.

2 comments:

Gill said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome!

mycamerandme365 said...

Thanks Gill!
Unfortunately I need 3 exactly the same for an exhibition, a very very difficult task using a gelatin plate. I have 4 close enough prints at the second layer stage, so here's hoping.