Monday 8 June 2020

At Last Some Art.

 Today I managed to find the time to get back to some art work using the trusty home made gelatine plate. For all of these prints I have used my hand carved stamps for the figures, some circular textured collagraph plates and  some cardboard rings which came from a collection of childrens' play pieces.
 Each print has several layers, but even so they are not yet finished. I want to add some more stamped images in a dark grey or dark blue.
 Here you can see the 3 different sized rubber figures that I carved.  In fact there is one even larger making 4 in all. I didn't realize at the time of printing, that the rings behind the figures look somewhat like eyes!
    I also used a commercial ripple stencil which shows very clearly in the above and below prints.
 I must admit that the more striking print below was not planned, but I was very pleased with how it turned out. Again however, I want to add a little more to the print, probably some darker stamps.

1 comment:

Gill said...

I'm catching up at last Sue and really love these. Gelli plate printing produces such lovely results, doesn't it? Unexpected textures and your great colour blending makes these really special. I'm (almost) inspired to get my gelli plate out again too! (except I just cut some patchwork pieces out....)