Wednesday 11 December 2019

Australian 12 Days of Christmas.

Once again, this was a group challenge, the topic of which was decided early this year. I was not at the meeting, so I didn't get my say, but I was not thrilled to hear what the challenge was. Especially since it was a textile group and I really didn't want any more textile bits and pieces lurking in the cupboards! I decided to once again use my rubber stamp carving skills and make stamps for the various animals, and to use backgrounds that were my own photographs from areas suitable for the different animals/birds/fish. There are many different versions of the Aussie 12 days of Christmas, so I chose from all of them, deciding on images that appealed to me most and were suitable to carve stamps from. Being printed on gloss paper, the end results in the photos are rather shiny, but I think with enlargement (click on above) you can see what I have done. I had a lot of fun with these, choosing the animals and sourcing the backgrounds, but I am happy to have finished them all before Christmas.

No comments: