Tuesday 16 July 2019

Koalas Climbing.

         Looking back through the stamps that I've carved so far this year for the 12 Aussie Days of Christmas project, I came across the koala stamp and realised that I hadn't shared either it or the finished page with the Blog world. The tree is a magnificent Eucalypt that has been standing in a paddock for decades, and I have photographed it many times over the 20 years that I have known it. I have pictures of it in fog, in drought dry grass (as above) and all sorts of weather conditions in between. I haven't actually seen a koala in this particular tree, but I have seen one or more in adjacent trees over the years. I finished this image, printed it and added it to the others, but when I went back to scan it for this post, I found that I had actually included 8 koalas climbing. One had to go, and it did! Click on the image for a closer look at the 7 koalas.

No comments: