Wednesday 31 July 2019

Another Project!

Having had fun with the small circular collagraph plates I thought that I might try something bigger, so off I went to my local favourite framing shop to see if they could cut me some circles from scrap mount board. They could, at a cost of $9 each, which is $90 for the 10 that I wanted, completely out of the question costwise for something experimental. After a bit of negotiation, after all I had been a customer for over 25 years, we got the price down to something more or less reasonable, as well as an added pile of  scrap mount board thrown in for good measure. I now have 10 quite expensive 15 cm circles of cardboard to work on.  Some of the previously printed small ones reminded me of cross sections of plant stems, so I printed out a few from various sources that looked interesting and will attempt to transfer the basic outlines onto the cardboard. Watch this space!

No comments: