Saturday 29 December 2018

A Quick Print.

I usually keep January as free as possible each year, as here in Australia it's full summer, usually very hot and most people head for the beach or other holiday spot. I look forward to January all year, as it's my 'art time' with no distractions and obligations that take up my time throughout the other 11 months of the year. Although it's not January yet, and I have lunch guests coming on Monday December 31st, I managed to grab an hour or so to try out a couple of ideas for this on going project. I tried it all out as a bleed print (no margins) but still using the archival stamp pads in a soft grey and black. I think that the grey weeds are still to busy and the black stamp ink just isn't nearly black nor solid enough.  Next I'll try with margins and good quality printing ink for the Leafy Sea Dragons. It has to be finished by January 10th, so time is marching on.

No comments: