Tuesday 11 September 2018

It Works!

 In the picture above I have started to rub away the masking fluid that I painted over my daisy drawing.  Even the thick lumpy fluid is rubbing away nicely, somewhat to my surprise!
 All gone and I really like the slightly ragged appearance of the flower heads. I'm also very happy with the background colour too.
 While painting the leaves green with alcohol ink I managed to deposit a drop on the background to the left of the flowers. I tried blending it in, but it looked awful, so I tapped a piece of felt over the area onto which I had dropped a tiny bit of ink, and ended up liking the mottled result.
 I painted the flowers with the lightest of pink/beige colour with a little pale green at the base of the petals and tiny dots of colour for the centres. I added the moth, one of my hand carved stamps, but I'm not sure that I really like it there.
 I thought that I had masked off the margins, but the ink seeped under the blue tape unfortunately.
I tapped the felt pad with lime green ink on it over the main white areas, and the result isn't too bad.
This is a technique which I hope to explore some more before too long, ancient masking fluid still works!

No comments: