Thursday 13 September 2018

Experimenting.

 Following on from the reasonably successful daisy using the old masking fluid and alcohol inks, I decided to experiment a little further. Using my own hand carved stamps I stamped onto the Yupo paper with some of my foliage stamps. I wasn't sure if the very shiny surface of the paper would take the stamp dye inks, but it did.
 Just a few random flowers, again using my hand carved stamps. These are all carved from 'SoftCut' rather than from lino, which I find hard to carve into small individual objects.
I then painted over the flowers and leaves with the masking fluid, which lifted the colour quite a bit.
I'm not worried by this, as I expect to use alcohol inks to colour the flowers and leaves after I have removed the dried masking fluid.

No comments: