Sunday 29 July 2018

Stencil and Collograph.

 Somewhere I saw a video or read a blog about using a stencil and moulding paste to make a collagraph plate.  I recently bought a small stencil of a rocky wall and decided to try the technique. I also decided to use some textured paper for the sky area, but as soon as I glued it in place I could see that it was wrong!
  Here I'm using just part of the stencil, having first cut the solid edges to make them a bit thinner.
 Well the wall worked nicely, so I added some sawdust to the foreground, but the textured paper was even more wrong now.
I managed to get most of it off, so I went ahead and glued some pressed lichen  below the wall.
While applying glue to stick down some more vegetation, I found that it lifted the remains of the paper! Now to seal it all and try printing in a few days time.

No comments: