Monday 13 March 2023

Eco Dyeing on Paper.

 Some of the vegetation prints that I have seen using the 'Eco Dyeing' technique are just beautiful, but most of mine in the past have been a bit disappointing. I was determined to have another try, so went around the garden collecting flowers and leaves, cutting paper and organising supplies for the trial. The size of the paper is always limited by the size of the pot that they have to go into, so after a couple of bundles boiled in an old aluminium pot, I found that I had an old baking dish that was conveniently already rusted in places.



I had 2 pieces of reasonably heavy perspex to use as covers for the bundle, so I thought that the boiling would not be a problem. I was wrong, they warped considerably, so that was a waste. I will have to find something else to use from now on, if I continue with the process of course.


You can see the warping in the photo above. The big reveal will be after I have left the bundle over night.

No comments: