Monday 6 February 2023

Hand Cut Stencils.

 I find that it's very rewarding to cut my own stencils, time consuming yes, but I'm much happier to work with stencils that I have made myself rather than using commercial stencils all the time.

This is a selection of 'twisted' leaf stencils that I cut recently. I actually started with cutting some very much bigger than these, but I quickly realised that they were far too big for the size of my home made gelatine printing plate.

This print above also uses another couple of stencils that I cut, but although I don't like the overall effect at this stage, the leaves turned out well.
This print was made over an earlier one that I wasn't happy with, it's better, but still not something that I'd keep at this stage.
This one above I was happy with and so I added my hand carved moth stamps to it. I'm really pleased with the 'twisted' leaf' stencils and will try to cut just one size smaller if I can for future use.



No comments: