Wednesday 24 August 2022

New Project.

I'm not quite sure why, but I suddenly changed tack recently to printing with fresh foliage instead of dried plant material. I also decided that I needed to show the roots of the plants rather than having them sprouting randomly from the bottom of the page. This necessitated pulling up plants and washing off the roots, so I started out with vegetable seedlings from my garden, beetroot, spinach and lettuce.

I love the colour that these beetroot seedlings turned out to have, with the blending of red and green paints directly on to the gelatine plate.
                                  A couple of layers here, with the beetroot and some grass.
Grass, spinach, beetroot, carrot and another grass plant which didn't show up very well. I just love how some of the roots show up and I'm enjoying this new direction. I can see how addictive it might become!

No comments: