Sunday 5 September 2021

The Next Step.

 Now that I have carved six or so new moth stamps it's time to start using them on some of the gelatin printed pages of my insect and bird book. I have lots of previously carved beetle stamps, but I think that they're all too large for this small book. I also have some dragonfly stamps that I carved for a previous project but most of them are too large as well unfortunately. I can see that I have a lot more stamp carving ahead of me! It's a very good thing to be occupied with, in this our 6th lock down designed to slow the spread of the Corona virus.

Each signature will have a full double page spread in the middle, above is the first one almost completed.
I think that some of the leaf prints would benefit from being outlined against the busy backgrounds.




No comments: