Sunday 18 July 2021

New Background Gelatin Prints.

As with all these prints, there are many layers of paint and images on them. If you look carefully you may be able to see images of feathers under the leaves of this one above. I love the leaves that have insect damage or are just worn away, but they do leave a lot of bits in the paint!
Again several layers here, including the use of commercial stencils, which I prefer not to use, as I would like the prints to be all my own work..
The background was made using a plate of crumpled paper, and then the leaves. I may add more layers to this or perhaps add my own hand carved stamps.
The background in the one above uses found objects to print with, including the bottom of a biscuit packet for the dots in the top left as well as more crumpled paper and then masks and a stencil.
I will definitely print over this one, as the contrast of the feather shapes is a bit too strong. Lots of commercial stencils used here, but the feathers are real, carefully chosen for their rumpled shapes.
 

No comments: