Saturday 19 June 2021

Tree Variations.

I've been having fun with my recently cut tree stencil, making all sorts of variations on the theme. Here I've over printed a gelatin plate print of gum tree leaves, then added bunches of leaves to the basic tree shape. The grasses are commercial stamps that I've had for decades, so it was good to find a use for them.

The basic tree again, and once more printed over an existing gelatin plate print that I had made with the yellow circle in the upper corner. The owl stamp was one I carved myself and the same grass stamps as I used in the previous image.The larger clumps of grass are made with a small piece of lino that I cut and used as a stamp.
Another in the same vein, only this time I collaged the moon onto it and used 3 different owl stamps that I have hand carved . More use of the commercial grass stamps and the lino-cut too.
 

No comments: