Sunday 13 September 2020

A Bit of a Problem

Having painted all the colours of the flowers in the correct positions with careful lining up of the stencils, I discovered that the first screen print over the colours was pretty good. Unfortunately I chose the one copy where the flowers were bit high up on the picture plane for the first print, because it was all down hill after that! I'll probably hand colour the stems and leaves with a soft marker pen before declaring it finished.
I found that after the first screen print was done, the screen was so covered in black ink that I couldn't see the underlying paint to line it up properly, hence results like the one above! I would have to clean the screen after every pass if I wanted to line it all up perfectly. I can't just measure the paper and line up the screen, as each series of coloured 'blobs' is in a different place on the paper.  Silly me! Still, I only need one copy for this particular show, so even though it's not ideally placed, the one above will have to do.
 

No comments: