Wednesday 12 February 2020

Another Step Along the Way.

I had intended binding small pages of quotes into the book itself, but the little pages are too flimsy and would tear too easily when turned over to read, so I ended up printing the text that I wanted to include on tracing paper. It was the only way that I could use the computer and printer to produce something translucent, that didn't stick to any backing paper that I used for stability during the printing process. I probably should have learnt the art of letter press use, but that can wait until next time. The image above will be the inside of the front cover.
 The image above is of the inside of the back cover, where you can see the edges of the fabric that I used to cover the cardboard. No text on this page I don't think.
This is the cloth covered back cover, with stamped beetle images. The cotton fabric is some that I hand dyed many years ago, so it's good to put it to use at last. You can see the awl holes on the left hand side through which  I will eventually thread the binding.

No comments: