Wednesday 27 November 2019

Where has My Home Gone?

 Walking in the local park this morning I was saddened to see that a big old Gum tree had been felled. We had very strong winds a day or so ago and it looked as if a large limb had broken off. I think that the arborists must have decided that the rest of the tree canopy posed a risk to anyone walking under it and therefore decided to remove the rest of the upper branches. The Rainbow Lorikeets were NOT happy!
 I usually walk with my camera, but this time I chose to only take my phone, what a mistake! The Lorikeets were screeching, landing and taking off again in a great display of agitation.
 The resulting photos are taken from too far away and therefore slightly out of focus. Moral of the story? Take a proper camera when out walking.
                      I'm not sure how many birds there are in this picture, perhaps 8 or 9.
 They are very pretty birds with colours of green, blue, orange and yellow on the body and wings.
                 The male birds are brighter than the females, but all are very striking in colour.
I suppose that they'll get used to the lack of a very large roosting and breeding tree, but for now they are pretty upset. I hate that the tree has been chopped down too, but I'm sure that it was deemed necessary by those that know about trees!

No comments: