Saturday 10 August 2019

Collagraph Printing.

 Here are two of the newly constructed collagraph plates based on the Haeckel  images. The top one is of an algae and the lower one is of a marine creature.

 The greenish prints look more like the original animal, but the lower one in orange looks like, well an orange! A mistake to use that colour I think, although oranges don't really have the large central part shown here.
Using more than one colour starts to get tricky with a plate, as it's very easy just to blend the two colours together and get mud. I quite like this mixture of blue and orange. 
 The one below here shows the added texture more clearly I think and I like the contrast of colour between the outer areas and the inner part.

Another slightly different green print, which I think shows the inner texture more clearly. I obviously didn't press in the similar texture enough on the outer rim however, as it's barely visible..

No comments: