Sunday 24 June 2018

From Star to Bag.

 This is what I ended up making from the abandoned patchwork star that I posted a couple of days ago. I added some fabric to the bottom of the bag which I also used for the handles, and I lined it with some pale peachy orange cotton that I also had on hand. The buttons on the handles are for decoration, but also add to the strength of the handles when the bag is used.
I'm not sure if the items made go back to the person who handed in the UFO, or whether the final makers keep the end product. Either way, it will be a useful tote bag for one of us I hope!

2 comments:

Digitalgran said...

What a good idea Sue. I must admit I never imagined the star to be as big as that from your last post. It's a lovely and very useful bag whoever gets to keep it.

mycamerandme365 said...

Thanks Mags. I guess that I should have included something for scale or at least written down the measurements of the original star. It was definitely big!