Tuesday 18 September 2012

Rajah Brookes Birdwing.

Here is the first of the completed butterfly panels, all except a hanging wire that is. I digitized the buttterfly onto a synthetic background so that I could 'cut-it' out with a heat tool. I added the wire antennae and then sewed it to the covered canvas. I added a cardboard cover across the back with a layer of felt on top so that it looks pretty neat from the back. I have try to find some really small D-rings for the hanging wire/cord though as the whole thing is only 15cm square. Now to do the next one.

2 comments:

chocolatefrog said...

These are gorgeous Sue. They're going to be really popular.

mycamerandme365 said...

Hello Anne, lovely to see you here, welcome! I'm not sure how the butterflies will go in the shop, people seem to prefer things under glass, anyway it will be interesting to see in a few weeks time. Best Wishes, Sue