Wednesday 6 February 2019

Variations.

 This is the first stage in a collograph plate featuring my 2 little mirror boys. Unfortunately I don't have any carborundum, so I have tried using fine sand for the dark areas, but I'm not sure that it is going to give me smooth darkness that I want. I have also used gloss medium for the mirror and the light areas of the bodies, matt medium for the mirror surround and the yellow colour on the background is shellac over rough cardboard where the top layer has been peeled off. I need to put the in floor line too before a trial print tomorrow.
Here is the same image using a different technique, a Thermofax screen made with a Gocco machine. I had to reduce the size of the image to 80% of the original size to fit into the available area, but that was no problem with a photo copier.Yet another version to try out.

No comments: