Tuesday 12 February 2019

Accidental Art.

 While trying out various inks on my little 'mirror baby' stamp I found that one of the lino printing inks had separated out with a layer of oil at the top of the tube. I squeezed it out, disposed of the excess oil and attempted to roll out a dollop onto a tile and get it ready for applying to the stamp. However, try as I might, the ink kept separating out into an oily slick. I rolled the brayer through it, trying to even it out, but to no avail. Then when I was cleaning it all up, rolling the brayer onto the back of a reject print, I ended up with these patterns where the ink had continued to separate out on the roller. Fascinating!
               A click on the image will enlarge it so you can see the fine details of the pattern.
                                                               Some butterflies perhaps?

No comments: