Saturday, 9 June 2018

Gelatine Plate Prints.

 Having managed to break my new gelatine plate in half as I took it out of the tin, I had to microwave all the cut up pieces and reset it. It shouldn't have broken with glycerine and isopropyl alcohol in it, but it did. I managed to do a few prints this afternoon, none that I'm really thrilled by, but I might cut them up anyway. Above is just a local weed that I pressed flat a couple of months ago.
 Leaves and stems creeper of  with small leaves that I pressed before it dropped it's leaves for Autumn.
                            I'm not sure what these pressed leaves are, a Bottlebrush perhaps.
A Japanese Maple variety with lovely fine leaves. I really like these leaves and will probably use them again.

2 comments:

Margaret Roberts said...

Lovely prints Sue. I was surprised to find my home made Gelatine Plates were still fine after about 2 years now. But I have melted them again more than once and they seem to hold up fine. I did treat myself to a ready made A4 size last year and am so careful with it. :)
Charlie used mine a lot and he loved using a jade colour, sort of petrol blue and I found it's the only colour that seems to stain the home made ones.

mycamerandme365 said...

I guess that my home made plate was about that old too, but perhaps I didn't store it well enough, as it didn't even want to melt, just got stickier and stickier. It was stained by the tin I think. I have a commercial A4 too, but I find that it's too small and the larger one is just so expensive!