Tuesday, 29 May 2018

First Prints.

 With a couple of free hours this afternoon I did a speedy print from two of the new collagraph plates. This first one above is not very successful, mainly I think because there is too much difference in the height of the various bits of vegetation. The leaves are very flat, but the stems are quite thick, so the paint accumulates on the sides of the stems and the leaves are quite indistinct. I might try to pare down the stems and have another try.
This is much more successful, with some nice marks made by the flower heads and the pieces of stringy bark in the fore ground. I might try painting this one in water colours perhaps.

2 comments:

Margaret Roberts said...

I love the bottom one Sue. We were told on the course not to have too much difference in height. But we only used paper on the course, so maybe I should venture and try something thicker. I'm following your printing work carefully trying to pick up tips!

mycamerandme365 said...

Goodness, I hope that I can give you some worthwhile tips Mags!
I've trimmed the uneven plate, shellacked it and am now waiting for it to dry properly. Watch this space!