Wednesday 8 November 2017

More Butterflies.

 I just love butterflies, I love to watch them and to photograph them. These are all photos of butterflies that occur in my garden in the foothills of the Victorian Great Dividing Range, in the Strathbogie Ranges. This above is our Australian Admiral.
 I have only seen the  Glasswing butterfly in the garden during one season, as it is much more of a tropical butterfly.   This particular year they were around in their hundreds, but have never returned.
 This is a female Common Brown.  The male has different markings and is about a third smaller.
                This is just one of several 'Browns', which are quite often hard to tell apart.
A Chequered Swallowtail is also not a common visitor, but here it is sitting on a bright Azalea flower in my garden.

No comments: