Friday 25 August 2017

Carving the Urn/Pot.

 I'm not sure if I'd call this brass pot an urn, but the shape does suggest an urn to me. Here I've outlined the pencil drawing of the 'item' and have started to work the shaded sides. Immediately it's obvious to me that I've made a mistake with the top, oh well I'll just keep going and see what the first prints are like.
 A bit more carving and the background is cut away from the stamp. Plenty of scope for further mistakes here!
   The bulk of the front of the urn is removed and the shaded sides are blended into the middle.
The first images from the new stamp and I'm not too fussed with the dodgy top opening, as it fits in with the previously carved stamps. I intend to make much larger stamps of all of these eventually, so I can make notes on the errors and try to avoid them on the second time around.

No comments: