Wednesday, 30 September 2015

Finishing off.

 With all the background stitching to the piece, the small areas with the butterflies bubbled, but not in attractive way, they sank unevenly into the background. I decided to pad each motif with a tiny piece of light quilting batting, cover the back with lightweight cotton fabric and then stitch around each 'bubble'  through all layers by hand to make them sit up.
            That turned out to be the answer, they now bubble out nicely from the background.
       This is a mock up with the matt board from the old frame that I intend to use for this piece.


Mary said...

The orange has really added to it. Well done.
It is so hard to come up with that little element that makes it work.

mycamerandme365 said...

I'm happy with the touches of orange Mary, but it was really hard not to go on and keep adding more! I'm sure it's on the border line already with too much, but at least I've stopped now!