Saturday 22 February 2014

Lisianthus or Prairie Rose,

 I was given a pot of these mauvey-blue Lisianthus as a gift, 3 or 4 plants in the same pot. They are like inverted Tulips and very pretty. Mine looked rather sad in their original pot so I put them into another pot and moved them out into the fresh air where they began to look so much better, especially after a shower of light rain.
 Looking for something to give to a friend who is coming to lunch on Monday I spotted these pots of Lisianthus and bought them for her, again 4 plants to the pot.  You can see where the common name Prairie Rose came from, though I'm not sure what the original wild flower looks like, probably not like these cultivated specimens.
I have a feeling that these will be one season spectacular, but they are so pretty and this one that I bought has many, many buds which I hope will open over the next weeks.

No comments: