Sunday 29 July 2012

Another Rainy Morning.

With it still raining heavily outside, I thought I would have a go at marbelling on fabric. Having cut my fabrics to the size of the tray I soaked them in alum, dried and ironed them. I made up the carrageen solution according to the instructions on the jar, allowed it to sit for a couple of hours and then poured it into the tray. The paints were all made up and I was set to go..........................nothing worked.  The paints didn't disperse across the surface of the carrageen, even when I added some Synthrapol. I tried diluting the paints some more, adding Synthrapol to the paints and making up a new batch of carrageen. ..........................nothing!!
Maybe the carrageen has limited shelf life.  Mine was some years old and I had never used it before. What a waste of time and effort!
For a bit of relaxation after my trying morning I revisited some of the painted pages from yesterday and found this one that definitely has promise................the surface of Mars??

No comments: