Thursday, 30 June 2011

Tuesday, 28 June 2011

Monday, 27 June 2011

Sunday, 26 June 2011

Saturday, 25 June 2011

Friday, 24 June 2011

Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Saturday, 18 June 2011

Friday, 17 June 2011

The expected grandchild is nearly a week overdue, so there is still time to finish this cardigan.

Thursday, 16 June 2011

Here on the dried fabric you can see the diffuse markings, not the sharp lines that Iwas actually after. Oh well, back to the dyeing tray!

Wednesday, 15 June 2011

Discharge Dyeing

Before drying and ironing. Not quite what I was hoping to get, but interesting all the same.

Tuesday, 14 June 2011

Discharge Dyeing

The stronger bleach is starting to discharge the black dye from the fabric.
I put the pleated fabric into the tray and got the beach ready and also the vinegar to make a neutralizing bath. I remembered that the bleach was very strong so I diluted it to about half strength. Mistake, too weak. The fabric became too wet and when I added undiluted bleach later, the marks became too diffuse. Maybe bleach weakens with age?
I wanted some black fabric with a sort of vertical orange marks for a particular project, so I stitched 3 rows of running stitch across the black fabric so I could draw it up into random pleats.

Monday, 13 June 2011

Botanic Gardens Visit.

Not a green lawn, but a lake filled with weed.

Sunday, 12 June 2011

Thursday, 9 June 2011

Wednesday, 8 June 2011

Monday, 6 June 2011

Playing around with one of the Indian wood block stamps.

Sunday, 5 June 2011

Saturday, 4 June 2011

St. Basil, Moscow.

This is a design for the next of the monthly architectural pieces, St. Basil's in Moscow. This design uses a Russian folk art designed flower, the Photoshop brush made from an Indian wooden block and an earlier stylized version of St. Basil's. Now to add some stitching. I haven't made much of the stitching in this series of pieces, but rather had fun with the images of the buildings themselves.

Thursday, 2 June 2011

Wednesday, 1 June 2011